Businesses have to give special consideration to cleanliness and hygiene. Nobody likes to see a dirty and unclean hospital or restaurant. There are several types of cleaning services that businesses can avail of, some of which are:
Daily cleaning is a type of cleaning service that is performed daily. Daily cleaning aims to maintain a clean and well-organised work environment. It typically includes dusting, vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms, sanitising surfaces, emptying trash and recycling bins, and cleaning kitchens and floors. Daily cleaning services are often used in commercial settings, such as offices, schools, and retail spaces, to keep the work environment clean, hygienic, and presentable daily. The specific tasks performed during a daily cleaning service will vary depending on the size and needs of the business, but the goal is always to provide a clean and well-maintained work environment. A daily cleaning service can help increase employee morale and productivity by creating a comfortable and hygienic work environment, reducing the spread of germs and bacteria, and projecting a professional image to employees, customers, and clients.
Periodic cleaning is a type of cleaning service that is performed on a less frequent basis, typically on a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly schedule. The goal of periodic cleaning is to provide a deep clean and address areas that may need to be addressed during daily cleaning. Periodic cleaning services typically include tasks such as deep cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, and other high-traffic areas, cleaning windows and window coverings, carpet cleaning, and floor maintenance. These tasks may not need to be performed daily, but they are still crucial for maintaining a clean and well-maintained work environment. Periodic cleaning services are often used in addition to daily cleaning services, providing a comprehensive cleaning solution for commercial businesses. By scheduling periodic cleaning, companies can ensure that their work environment remains clean and hygienic even in areas that are not cleaned daily. A regular cleaning service can improve a business’s overall cleanliness and appearance, maintain a hygienic work environment, and project a professional image to employees, customers, and clients.
Deep cleaning is a type of cleaning service that is performed on a less frequent basis, typically on a quarterly, bi-annual, or annual schedule. The goal of deep cleaning is to provide comprehensive cleaning of commercial space, addressing areas that may need to be addressed during daily or periodic cleaning. Deep cleaning services typically include tasks such as:
- Detailed cleaning of bathrooms, kitchens, and other high-traffic areas, including grout and tile cleaning, cleaning of fixtures, and deep cleaning of surfaces.
- Detailed cleaning of windows and window coverings, including removing stains, streaks, and sticky residue left from tape or labels.
- Carpet cleaning removes dirt, dust, and other particles from carpet fibres, including steam cleaning or extraction.
- Floor maintenance, including refinishing or resealing hard floor surfaces to maintain their appearance and durability.
- Dusting and cleaning air ducts and HVAC systems to improve indoor air quality.
- Detailed cleaning of upholstery, including removing stains, odours, and allergens.
Deep cleaning services are typically performed less frequently than daily or periodic cleaning but are still crucial for maintaining a clean and well-maintained work environment. By scheduling deep cleaning services, businesses can ensure that their work environment is thoroughly cleaned and refreshed, even in areas that are not cleaned regularly. A deep cleaning service can help improve a business’s overall cleanliness and appearance, maintain a hygienic work environment, and project a professional image to employees, customers, and clients.
Clinical cleaning is a specialised type of cleaning service that is performed in healthcare settings, such as hospitals, clinics, and medical facilities. Clinical cleaning aims to maintain a clean and hygienic environment, reducing the risk of cross-contamination and the spread of infections. Clinical cleaning services typically include tasks such as:
- Disinfecting high-touch surfaces, such as door handles, light switches, and countertops, reduces the spread of germs and bacteria.
- Cleaning and disinfecting patient rooms, bathrooms, and other areas, using specialised cleaning products and techniques.
- Cleaning and disinfecting medical equipment, such as hospital beds, wheelchairs, and exam tables.
- Cleaning and disinfecting common areas, such as waiting rooms, lounges, and restrooms.
- Regularly changing linens, such as bed sheets and towels, to maintain a hygienic environment.
Clinical cleaning services are performed by trained professionals with experience cleaning healthcare facilities. These professionals use specialised cleaning products and techniques to kill germs and bacteria. They follow strict protocols to ensure that their cleaning practices meet the standards set by healthcare organisations and regulatory agencies. A clinical cleaning service is essential for healthcare facilities. It helps reduce the risk of infections and cross-contamination, improve patient outcomes, and project a professional image to patients, visitors, and staff.
Other Types of Categorisations of Cleaning Services:
- Office Cleaning: This cleaning service is designed specifically for office spaces and includes tasks such as dusting, vacuuming, sanitising surfaces, and cleaning bathrooms.
- Commercial Cleaning: Commercial cleaning is a broader category that encompasses office cleaning and also includes cleaning services for other types of businesses, such as retail stores, restaurants, and warehouses.
- Janitorial Services: Janitorial services are similar to commercial cleaning but typically involve more in-depth cleaning tasks such as floor waxing, window washing, and deep cleaning of restrooms.
- Green Cleaning: Green cleaning is an environmentally-friendly approach to cleaning that uses biodegradable products and minimises harsh chemicals.
- Carpet Cleaning: Carpet cleaning involves deep cleaning of carpets to remove dirt, dust, and other contaminants. This cleaning service can be done regularly or as a one-time event.
- Floor Cleaning: Floor cleaning includes mopping, waxing, and buffing to keep hard floor surfaces looking clean and polished.
- Post-Construction Cleaning: A thorough cleaning is often necessary to remove any remaining dust, debris, and paint splatters after a construction or renovation project.
- Pressure Washing: Pressure washing involves the use of high-pressure water to remove dirt and grime from exterior surfaces such as sidewalks, building exteriors, and parking lots.
These are some types of cleaning services that businesses can choose from, but there are many other specialised cleaning services available, such as deep cleaning for kitchens, duct cleaning, and biohazard cleaning.
All these cleaning services include several common activities, which include the following:
- Dusting: involves removing dust and debris from surfaces such as desks, shelves, and countertops.
- Vacuuming: involves using a vacuum cleaner to remove dirt, dust, and other particles from carpets and upholstery.
- Sanitising Surfaces: involves using cleaning products to disinfect commonly-touched surfaces such as doorknobs, light switches, and keyboards.
- Cleaning Bathrooms: includes scrubbing toilets, sinks, and showers, as well as restocking supplies such as soap, towels, and toilet paper.
- Emptying Trash and Recycling Bins: involves removing waste and recycling materials from the office and properly disposing of them.
- Kitchen Cleaning: involves cleaning and sanitising the office kitchen, including countertops, sinks, and appliances.
- Window Washing: involves cleaning windows, both inside and outside, to remove streaks and smudges.
- Floor Cleaning: includes mopping, sweeping, and vacuuming to keep hard floor surfaces clean and polished.
- Pressure Washing: involves using high-pressure water to remove dirt and grime from exterior surfaces such as sidewalks, building exteriors, and parking lots.
- Carpet Cleaning: involves deep cleaning of carpets to remove dirt, dust, and other contaminants.
Benefits of Cleaning Services:
- Increased Productivity: A clean and well-maintained work environment can improve employee morale and productivity by creating a comfortable and hygienic atmosphere.
- Improved Health: A clean and sanitary work environment can help reduce the spread of germs and bacteria, ultimately reducing the risk of illness among customers and employees.
- Cost Savings: Hiring a professional cleaning service can be more cost-effective than employing in-house cleaners, especially for smaller businesses.
- Time Savings: Outsourcing cleaning tasks to a professional service frees up valuable time that can be better spent on other essential business tasks.
- Attention to Detail: Professional cleaning companies have the experience, equipment, and resources to provide a deep clean that is often more thorough than what can be accomplished by in-house staff.
- Improved Appearance: A clean and well-maintained work environment projects a professional image and makes a positive impression on employees, clients, and customers.
Specialised services – Professional cleaning companies often offer specialised services, such as deep cleaning, carpet cleaning, and window washing, that can be difficult for in-house staff to manage. By outsourcing cleaning tasks to a professional commercial cleaning service, businesses can benefit from improved cleanliness, increased productivity, cost savings, and a range of other benefits.